Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday!

I got up and did DBK1 again this morning. Good stuff.
Yesterday was Taekwondo. Fun and a good workout.
Saturday was the first day back for the kids with the ski team. I got 31 runs in. Yes, they are short runs, but it was fun. Since we were there early, there weren't many in the terrain park, so I went down that several times, including over the big rollers. I even got a tiny bit of air. I took a few runs down the slalom course when no kids were in line. I'm planning on participating in the Iowa Games later this month, so I figured I should practice a bit. There's no way I'll be competitive, but even participating will be a big thing for me. It's possible there won't be many people in my age group, so who knows! Haha! One good bit of practice was that one turn got really icy, so I had to not wipe out. I managed to hold on each time, but I'm sure it wasn't pretty. It was a chilly day, but with little wind and a bright sun, it was great! So enjoyable. It's days like that that help me get through winter with a smile rather than grudgingly.

No comments: